Messages of Support
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
Sending a Message of Support is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Sending a Message of Support
- You can send a Message of Support if you have access to the Internet and can view the consumer website located at URL http://finalists.telstrabusinessawards.com/ ("Website");
- A Message of Support can be sent to the finalists of the 2017 Telstra Business Awards
(Finalists) from when notified until the Messages of Support form closes, one day before each event. Closing times are:
- NT: 12am AEST Monday 3 July 2017
- WA: 12am AEST Thursday 6 July 2017
- SA: 12am AEST Monday 10 July 2017
- QLD: 12am AEST Thursday 13 July 2017
- NSW: 12am AEST Monday 17 July 2017
- ACT: 12am AEST Thursday 20 July 2017
- TAS: 12am AEST Monday 24 July 2017
- VIC: 12am AEST Thursday 27 July 2017
- National: 12am AEST Thursday 24 August 2017
- To be valid, a Message of Support must:
- be in the positive spirit of the Telstra Business Awards and Message of Support service and not contain any material that is incomprehensible, derogatory, offensive, defamatory, violent, obscene, threatening or discriminatory in any way;
- not infringe copyright or other intellectual property rights owned by any party or include anybody else's material; and
- be sent by a person of 18 years or older. Persons under the age of 18 must obtain the consent of their legal guardian before sending the message; and
- otherwise comply with these terms and conditions
- Your Message of Support must be no longer than 160 characters.
- Telstra, in its sole discretion reserves the right to cancel, terminate, edit or suspend any Message of Support before delivery for any reason without notice. Moderation will be conducted by Telstra and/or a Telstra representative. Any message that is not considered a valid message may be rejected or edited and delivered in a clean format.
- Telstra is under no obligation to deliver a Message of Support or to publish a Message of Support.
- Telstra is under no obligation to inform the sender if a Message of Support is edited, not delivered or not published.
- By submitting a Message of Support, you understand and agree that Telstra may use and disclose the information provided by you for the purposes set out in these terms, and on the terms and for the purposes set out in Telstra's Privacy Statement available at www.telstra.com.au/privacy/privacy_statement.html or by calling 1800 039 059, as if you were a Telstra customer. If you would like to access or correct the personal information that Telstra holds about you, or if you do not wish the information to be disclosed, you should advise Telstra by phoning 1800 039 059.
- Telstra accepts no responsibility for a misdirected, lost or delayed Message of Support.
- By submitting a Message of Support, you acknowledge and agree that:
- you grant to Telstra an unconditional, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide licence to use, copy, adapt, translate and communicate to the public (including in any advertisements across any media (including media not yet in existence)) your Message of Support;
- you will promptly do any thing or execute any document required to give effect to the licence in paragraph 10(a) if Telstra requires you to do so and without requiring any payment from Telstra; and
- all Messages of Support are the property of Telstra.
- You warrant to Telstra that:
- you own or have the right to license to Telstra the right to use and communicate to the public (in the manner contemplated by these terms and conditions) all intellectual property rights, including all copyright, contained in the Message of Support;
- you unconditionally and irrevocably consent to Telstra doing or failing to do any act in relation to the Message of Support that may, except for this paragraph, infringe your moral rights (as defined in Part IX of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)) in the Message of Support ("Moral Rights");
- you waive any and all Moral Rights you have in the Message of Support outside Australia;
- your Message of Support and compliance with these terms and conditions does not breach any existing agreement or arrangement between you and any other person, or infringe any person's or third party's rights (including Moral Rights or other intellectual property rights); and
- you agree not to institute, maintain or support any claim for infringement of your Moral Rights in your Message of Support.